Asian Carrot Salad

Asian Carrot Salad

This is an amazing and healthy salad that is quite easy.  It is great for a last minute pot luck dish or dinner side dish. And if you don't have a couple of the ingredients it won't kill the dish.

And there are a couple things you can add to this to make it even dressier.  You can add thinly chopped green onions, sliced almonds, sliced celery, Little bit freshly grated ginger,  and or red cabbage. I did not use any of these in the salad below but only because I didn't have them in my fridge(I need to go shopping yet again).



Peel and grate all the carrots, I just use a regular ol' cheese grater.  And if you wish to add a couple extra veggies go ahead and do this now. 

Add the salad dressing.  I Like to use the whole batch because I enjoy a stronger flavor but you can do whatever you want. 
Stir in part of the Cranberries and if you wish to add almonds you can add those too.
Add the cranberries, noodles and sesame seeds.  And any other extra you think will taste good.  Here is my Recipe

And Enjoy!

Asian Carrot Salad

1 Lb bag Carrots
1 Jar of Asian Sesame Dressing Recipe here
1/4 + 1/3 cup Dried Cranberries
1 cup Fried Chow Mien Noodles
1 Tabespoon Sesame Seeds


  1. Peel and grate all the carrots in a large bowl. 
  2. Add dressing to taste. I used the whole thing but you can just add how much you want. 
  3. Stir in 1/4 cup cranberries
  4. Place the noodles on top and don't stir in until you are ready to eat. 
  5. Sprinkle remaining cranberries and sesame seeds on top. 
  6. Enjoy. 


Let me know if you think of anything else that would be good on this salad or any other yummy things you can do with this amazing Asian Sesame dressing

Comments

  1. My family loves carrots! I am always looking for different ways to prepare!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice recipe. Sesame dressing sounds interesting. South Asians make something similar with grated carrots, cucumber, cilantro, greens chilies, salt and pepper with lime juice dressing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow! This looks so easy to make and so good. I want to make it for my small group this summer. Thank you for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts