Applesauce Bread

Applesauce bread

I was trying to think of something to make with the abundance of apple sauce that my Dama gave me(Dama is what we call my grandma).  She gave a quite a few jars of amazing apple sauce to feed my twins when they were still babies, but they just decided that they didn't like it.  And I didn't want to waste any of it, so I tried to think of a way to use it up without wasting it.  

One day I was making my normal banana bread, and I thought, why couldn't I just make some apple sauce bread.  It would be so similar to the banana and it would taste amazing.  So I decided to make it.
 Add the applesauce, egg, oil, and sugar into a large bowl and mix. 
I used a pint jar of apple sauce but you can just use store bought stuff and use 1 1/2 cup




 In a small bowl add flour, salt, baking powder, cinnamon and nutmeg and combine. 




  Add dry mixture to the wet mixture. 



 And mix until thoroughly combined 




And bake in the preheated oven for an hour. To make sure that its done insert a knife in the middle and make sure it comes out clean.  






I Love making this bread because its easy and my boys love it as a snack.  I can just yell "bite" and they come running.  Since they are only 18 Months they still can't talk very well.  But they love to hover around me and say "ba ba ba" (their version of bite).   It is one of the many adorable things my boys do on a daily basis.  But only until of them does a big old bear hug around the neck, trying to eliminate the competition and get a double portion.  Then it just turns into a huge fighting match that I have to brake up yet again.  But soon after they are playing together without conflict for the next five minutes.  The conclusion of the story my boys will do anything for food, including fight for food. 

Applesauce Bread

1 1/2 cup Applesauce
1/3 cup oil
1/2 cup Sugar
1 large egg
1 Teaspoon Vanilla extract
1/4 Teaspoon Salt
1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
1 1/2 cup All-purpose Flour
1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
1/2 Teaspoon Nutmeg



  1. Preheat Oven to 350.  And oil a bread pan.
  2. Mix applesauce, oil, sugar, egg, salt, and vanilla in a large bowl.
  3. In a separate bowl mix together baking soda, flour, cinnamon and nutmeg. 
  4. Add the dry mix to the wet mix and stir until combined. 
  5. Pour the mixture into the prepared bread pan. 
  6. Bake for 60 minutes until a knife is inserted and comes out clean. 
  7. Allow to cool for 10 minutes. And Enjoy.





Comments

  1. Love this idea, and the bread looks so moist and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how easy to follow this recipe is. I love any kind of bread so I am sure to try this one. Thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I’m sure my kids would love this! They are huge applesauce lovers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I make applesauce bread at my house too every now and the n.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks so good! I never would have thought to use applesauce this way!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds delicious! Also easy to make! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have made this countless times now, one of my absolute favorites! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I doubled the vanilla and cinnamon. Also I used an 8x8 pan. It tasted great! Baked for a few minutes less than recipe calls for.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Could I add bananas to this??

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was considering using this recipe to make "fruitcake". I dont like traditional fruitcake requirments. I prefer the breads/cakes to be more moist and simple like banana bread. Do you think this would work well with rehydrated cranberries, cherries, and golden grapes?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts