DIY Personalized Sign

DIY Personalized Sign


What you will need;
  • Electric staple gun with staples. 
  • Set of stencils(Mine are from Walmart)
  • Razor knife. 
  • Puffed paintbrush
  • Acrylic paint, black or dark gray 
  • Ruler or measuring tape. 

I made three of these for mothers day.  And I just had a blast making them, Plus everyone loved them.  I am going to make another one for my sister in law who is getting married in august. 
So if you ever need an easy gift this is a great idea. 




First off I started with a regular canvas.  Mine is painted because I get all of my canvases from a paint and sip studio, for FREE I might add.  But you can pick these canvases out at any craft store.  I believe they even have them at wallymart.  

I take a staple gun and go around the whole face of the canvas and staple every 1-2 inches as well as every corner.  It's not really picky of the kind of staples, don't go huge but don't go tiny.



Now take a razor blade and go around the canvas, pull off any access canvas. Make sure you cut on the OUTSIDE of the staples. But also don't go to close to the edge so that you see the painted canvas on the outside of the frame  



Now flip over and measure out where you want your letters to go.   Or you can eyeball it.  I Would recommend measuring but if you are pretty confident in your eye estimate go for it.  
I also like to lay out all my letters out to see exactly where they will go and then I can go from there.  


Place the stencil out to measure where you want your name to go.  
I did it a little above half on the canvas.   I like to measure the width of the whole canvas, divide that in half and go from the middle out.
So I find the center and since my name was 4 letters I will start with the S and U. Then head onto the B and H. Of coarse if your name is an odd number you will want to start with the one in the middle.  and you will want to take into account that i's and l's will both be smaller letters with smaller spacing and letters like w will have a big gap.  So just keep an eye out for that. 



Now continue to do the same with the rest.   


The main part is done, now you can decide how you want to decorate with it.  

 You could add more to dress it up like "The Bush Family"

Or a large cursive first letter of your name right in the center.

Or you can paint the frame.

Or ever attach a twine hanging string on the back so you can hang it where-ever you want.





Comments

Popular Posts