Lazy girl Fajitas

Lazy Girl Fajita's

There are way to many nights that I have come home or been home all day and just too tired to come up with a full-on meal.  And this meal is usually one that I make after I have had a long day shopping. 

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1xZwzQPj26QXbOjyEDZrUCeF69DtGRpGM
And it's a pretty easy meal.    There is minimal cutting and very little cook time.  Just want I want when I am tired and my feet hurt. 




Chop up an Onion and a Bell Pepper( Add two more if you want to feed more than 2 people).  And Cook on medium Heat until onions are ALMOST transparent. I like them to have a little crunch still.  But if you don't care for that you can cook them all the way through. 
I Get a whole roasted chicken from Costco and use about 2 Cups of shredded chicken.  But they also sell cold chicken that is taken off the roasted chicken and has NO BONES. Either way it's the same chicken.  ALSO, Add 2 more cups if you plan on feeding more than 2 people. 
I Keep these on hand at all times.  It is the only premade seasoning that I use.  All the others I make from scratch.  
For my little two-person meal I use about half the package. I would keep 2 packages on hand just in case you have a bigger family or like more fajita flavoring. 

Add the Chicken to the pan with the Sauteed veggies and let heat up a bit.  But don't overcook the chicken.  We don't want it to dry out.   

Add the Fajita mix and stir until evenly dispersed.  And your all ready to eat.   

Steam some tortillas and add the fajita filling.  You can also add sour cream, salsa, cilantro, cheese, and lime.  I Like just plain but you can choose how you like yours. 




Lazy Girl Fajita's

1-3 Bell Peppers
1 Onion
1-2 Fajita Seasoning Packets
2-4 Cups Shredded Chicken
12-30 Corn Tortillas

Optional

Sour Cream
Salsa
Fresh Red Onion
Lime
Cilantro
Cheese


  1. In a large pan with some oil in it add sliced bell pepper and chopped onion.  And Saute until onions are transparent. 
  2. Add Shredded chicken and Fajita mix to veggie mix. 
  3. Remove from meat. 
  4. Steam tortillas and serve with or without optional toppings. 






Comments

  1. I love quick and easy meals. Recipes like this are great on busy nights. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm loving this! They do $5 rotisserie chicken at our local harps every Wednesday, definitely going to try this out! Sometimes we just need something simple! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fajitas are a total fave around here! Thanks for sharing your idea!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts