Spring cleaning Purge

Spring cleaning is in the air.

There is just something about spring that makes me want to make everything bright new and fresh.  The sun is shining after way to many months behind clouds filled with billowy snow.  And for me, that means taking going through every little thing in my house yet again to purge more stuff.  
There is a little part of me that loves throwing stuff away.  I LOVE it, but probably way to much.  Because I also hate wasting or throwing away useful things.  For the most part, I try to think of ways I can repurpose or reuse what I purge, or in the rare occasion that I can't think of a way to use it I donate or give to someone else that will use it.   

So here is a list of things to purge this spring.  




And if you are very motivated here is a list to do with what you have purged.  

  • Good-will it
  • Repurpose Tupper ware into :
  • Extra Coffee Mugs: Turn then into utensil holders
  • Extra Bottles. Turn them into Diy Planters
  • Old Spice jars: Take off the label fill with bath salt and you have your own Diy Gift
  • Plastic bags: Make a reusable bag with them. Cut bags into strips and crochet a bag. 
  • Baby bottles. You Can make into spice jars. Or regift to someone in need. 
  • Chipped plates. There are so many ways you can use glass or ceramic. You can use broken pieces to make jewelry, wind chimes,  stepping stones, murals, and other art. 
  • Old paper. Again many used for paper. You can tear it up and make homemade paper with your kids.  Great fire starter.  And many more used as well
  • Books you don't read.  Paint the outside and use as a decoration.  Fold all pages in half and lay so it opens to a half circle, you can use it as desk organizer for pictures or notes. And you can tear out the pages for craft uses
  • Games. If you're going to toss out some games look through the pieces and look at what you should keep. Scrabble tiles(coasters, Signs, labels, decorations, ornaments, ect.), dice, connect four(Write letters on the pieces and it becomes a spelling game),  playing cards,  games boards(You can make a box to store other games), and many more. 
  • Vases. Turn upside down and paint white with two black dots and it becomes a ghost for Halloween.  Paint with chalk paint and it becomes shabby chic.  Cut off a sleeve of a sweater and put the vase in the sleeve and it gives the vase a whole new look.  Mod Podge book pages on it.  Wrap a wire around a small part of the vase and make a look above the vase that attaches to the other side, place a candle in the vase and you have a lantern.  There are so many more uses too. 
  • Coasters. Painting coaster goes a long way, you can even place a paper doily on one and paint over it. Gluing scrabbles tiles to square coasters will look good too.  
  •  Candles. You can boil out the unused candle wax and then you have too many options. Paint them, or melt more wax into them, use them as a painter, storage containers. 
  • Crayons. Melt them down and put into rubber molds and you have new fun crayons or gifts. Use as wax seals for letters, melt into candle wax to add color or dip a plain store bought a candle to give it two colors, use in art. 
  • Scratched DVD's. Break into pieces and make a disco ball. Or a piece of art.  You can place on an upside down mason jar in the oven and it will melt into a bowl shape(make sure you put a cookie sheet under it and watch it closely.
  • Old toothbrushes, you can use for household cleaning. 
  • Socks. you can stuff with rice tie the end and it becomes a heat or cold pack(whether you place in the freezer or microwave).  Make yourself a sock bun by cutting the toe off and rolling into a doughnut shape.  You can make a mug warmer by cutting off the toe and slidding on a mug. There are so many more ways to use them too.  
  • Old Toys.  Glue toys into bookends and spray paint to create kids bookends.  the options to create new things with toys in limitless, go search up repurposed toys on Pinterest and you will see what I mean.

And of coarse you can always donate or have a yardsale with all the rest. 


Have a gret rest of your day and I pray that your purge goes a good as mine.  
Dont hesitate to ask me questions or if you have any input for me. 

Comments

  1. Awesome tips! Spring cleaning purge is always so tedious. This is going to help me stay motivated and focused to get it done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely saving this for when I start my spring cleaning! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are such great ideas for repurposing. Lots I had never heard like using spice jars for bath salts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful tips. I have so many empty cans from baby formula and I never thought to use them as planters, will definitely do that now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok you have inspired me!! These are great tips!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is so helpful! im going to go straight home and start spring cleaning

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love this! wonder if i can get my kids on board...!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, so many good ideas! I’m definitely going to have to use some of these . Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great tips, I try to do a purge every 6 months and it is time to do another one with a deep spring clean. I love the idea of using extra coffee mugs for utensils. I have so many so that will be great.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great tips! I need to work on starting my Spring cleaning around here!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that our transfer station has a donation bin and pick pile. Great tips to get the house ready for spring!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great list! I love repurposing. Waste not, want not.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts